Worthington, MN (KICD) — Fire destroys a Worthington home.
Just after 5-pm Tuesday, the Worthington Fire Department was called out for a house fire at 949 11th Street. Upon arrival, firefighters saw the back of the home was fully engulfed in flames, resulting in the evacuation of neighboring homes.
Crews eventually extinguished the fire a while later, and investigation determined that faulty wiring may have been the cause of the blaze. Fire and smoke damage to the home was major, and as a result, was not believed to be savable. The family of 5 that lived at the residence were helped out with immediate needs by the American Red Cross. There were no injuries.