Graettinger, IA (KICD) — Two children are dead as the result of a Graettinger house fire.
The Graettinger Fire Department was paged out to the call of the fire this morning. Fire Chief Brad Anderson gives KICD News details…
While it wasn’t officially confirmed, Anderson believed smoke inhalation was the cause of 5-year old Gavin Hasbrouck and 7-year old Collin Reed’s deaths. The mother, 27-year old Stefanie Gaston was also taken out of the house, and was taken to the Palo Alto County Hospital in Emmetsburg, but was transported to Iowa City Hospital.
The Iowa State Fire Marshall’s Office was called in to investigate, and it has been determined the fire originated in the living room. There was extensive fire and smoke damage to the house, and the investigation continues.
Anderson did note the house apparently had no smoke detectors in it.
Photo From Robert Clark